Yards Apart considers the health, safety and welfare of its employees and members of the public who come into contact with our operations to be of paramount importance.
The Directors have formal duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all regulations and approved codes of practice made under the Act, which they fulfil in their entirety.
Yards Apart’s initiatives include:
• Employees at every level are involved in writing procedures to ensure the most effective systems are in place and that everyone is fully engaged
• Health and safety procedures are promoted via bulletins and ongoing information campaigns to create behavioural safety awareness
• Objectives and targets are set and the results shared across the business
• There is an open door policy to health and safety, and near miss reporting is actively encouraged
• Our overall vision is to have an accident and incident-free workplace.
CHAS (Contractor Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) - Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) is the national standard to ensure contractors meet and exceed the accepted thresholds for health and safety within the UK.
SAFEcontractor - Safe Contractor are leading health and safety pre-qualification assessment scheme operated by the National Britannia Group. They are dedicated to promoting higher standards of competence and compliance through the provision of industry specific health and safety assessments carried out by international safety, health and environmental risk management specialists