Yards Apart Ltd is an environmentally conscious and responsible company. It is our policy to ensure that we meet our legal requirements in respect of environmental protection, and that all aspects of our business activities have the least harmful effect on the environment. We recognise a responsibility to conduct our operations in ways that help to increase energy efficiency, reduce our carbon footprint, and minimize waste as an integral part of good business practice.
We have a commitment to continuous improvement in environmental management and performance, with procedures that emphasise the use of environmentally sensitive vegetation control and grounds maintenance products, and the importance of ‘green’ practices, minimising waste, using energy and water efficiently, re-using and recycling materials wherever possible, minimising noise pollution and vibration from plant and equipment, and adopting a practical, conscientious approach to sustainability.
We apply to our contract performance ‘green’ measures that we have adopted to reduce the use of non-sustainable resources and safeguard the health of our workers and the quality of the local environment, while still meeting contractual requirements.
We favour suppliers and manufacturers with clearly stated environmental policies or certified environmental management systems, producing energy-efficient equipment and recycled or recyclable products.
In our day-to-day work activities, we apply green, environment-friendly measures that include:
• using biodegradable, non-toxic and eco-friendly grounds maintenance products
• re-using and recycling materials wherever possible
• segregating recyclables at source
• minimizing the use of paper in office administration and applying electronic media so as to print only when necessary
• long-distance collaboration through document sharing technology
• reducing the need for business trips through videoconferencing and teleworking
• consistent use of energy-efficient lighting and equipment, for example using electrical products that have power saving features
• Powering down equipment when not required for immediate use or to ensure continuity of braking or lighting supply.
All essential members of our staff hold the required Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
Public & Products Liability - £10,000,000
Employers Liability - £10,000,000